Effective Date: October 4, 2012
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Provide Directly to ASN
If you are interested in obtaining information, products or services from ASN, or in participating in certain activities on this Site, you may need to provide us with information about yourself. For example:
- If you register or login with the Site, you may provide information including your name, email address, twitter handle, or facebook account information.
- If you order a product from us or one of our affiliates, we may ask for your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- If you are ordering a product as a gift for another person, we may ask you for that person’s name, postal address and phone number in order to enable us to deliver the gift to the recipient.
- If you participate in an activity such as a survey or sweepstakes, we may also ask you to provide other types of information such as gender and personal interests, which we may associate with personally identifiable information that we have obtained about you.
- In addition, we may combine personally identifiable information that you have provided to us with other information that is publicly available or that we receive from other sources.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, we also use standard Internet technologies to collect automatically certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address. When you come to our Site, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Site. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Site. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information that we have collected to make our Site and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Web beacons and other technologies. The Site uses other tracking tools, including web beacons. Web beacons are images on the Site (or in emails that the Site sends to you) that help us determine what parts of the Site you have visited, whether you have opened an email that we have sent to you, or otherwise to measure the effectiveness of the Site. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information directly to us or to a service provider authorized by us to collect information on our behalf.
2.3 Third-Party Online Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
ASN may use information that we collect about you for a variety of business purposes, including: to maintain and manage your account, deliver Services that you have re- quested, and enhance your experience on our Site; to process and track your product or service orders and provide the services you request; to communicate with you about the Site or other products or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments; to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Site, and the products and services we offer; or in accordance with your consent.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
5. Your Choices
We understand the importance of protecting our customers’ privacy, and we therefore provide you with the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from ASN and our Affiliates and our licensees, or request that we not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes, by contacting us at:
American Soccer Now LLC
Attn: Business Affairs – Opt Out
175 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications in error after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
6. Third Party Sites
7. Information Security
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us, and we take a number of steps to safeguard any personally identifiable information or credit card information that you provide to us. We use data encryption technology to help protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your credit card information. Secure Socket Layers (SSLs) encrypt the credit card information sent between your computer and our database. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
8. Personally Identifiable Information Contained in User Content
Some sections of our Site may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. If you choose to make personally identifiable information public through these Services, ASN will consider that information public and will not limit its disclosure in the manner described here.
10. Contact Us
American Soccer Now LLC
Attn: Business Affairs – Privacy
175 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014