ASN Morning Read: To Europe and Back Again
January 27, 2016
- It looks "highly likely" that Tim Howard will head to the Colorado Rapids in May.
- More: "In terms of salary, the source said Howard will earn between $2-3 million per year, making him easily the highest-paid goalkeeper in MLS. According to salary data from the 2015 season provided by the MLS Players Union, a salary of $2 million would put Howard in the top 15 of MLS salaries base of total compensation."
- Meanwhile: "United States international and New York Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga is set to be sold to an undisclosed English Premier League team within the next 24 hours." The transfer fee will be around $5 million. That feels about right.
- I don't really understand why this is a story: "Jerome Champagne: Give USA 2022 World Cup if Qatar is stripped." (Also, give it to Australia.)
- Jill Ellis releases her 20-women Olympic Qualifying roster.
- A couple notable tweets about that news:
Notable absences from USWNT's Olympic qualifying roster: Christie Rampone (who has been injured) and Heather O'Reilly, and Whitney Engen.— Jeff Kassouf (@JeffKassouf) January 26, 2016
More accurately checked: WNT arrived in Winnipeg for WC with 538 career international goals. Will arrive in Frisco next week with 201.— Graham Hays (@grahamhays) January 26, 2016