ASN Morning Read: The Deuce Is Loose, Again
The United States men's national team forward says he's ready and able to return to Major League Soccer action. That's great news; a young American learns to play defense; goals, goals, preseason goals.
BY Noah Davis Posted
February 15, 2017
February 15, 2017
- He's back:
Dempsey on his irregular heartbeat diagnosis: "I don’t want to go that much into it. It’s my kind of business. But I’m cleared to play." pic.twitter.com/lqF2YFDRc7— Matt Pentz (@mattpentz) February 14, 2017
- Tyler Adams, 18, Is Making Strides for Club and Country
- Everything you wanted to know about Paul Arriola: "So far I've started every game this season and now I have to continue. Obviously it depends on me, and that's the great thing that I can control really how much I play. I think my coach has given me a lot of confidence, my team has given me a lot of confidence and I've responded in the right way. Obviously the Mexican league isn't an easy league to compete in, but I've done well to get myself into the starting lineup and I have to continue that way."
- This is interesting: "The American Dream thrives on opportunity and, therefore, the American Soccer Dream must be given the chance to grow here in our domestic league. A true American Soccer identity is waiting to be displayed to the world, but this identity must stem from homegrown talent and investiture of opportunity and growth within the domestic league. This is the sustainable future of American Soccer."
- "Sources say that one reason Pulisic has earned the trust of coach Thomas Tuchel is Pulisic’s commitment to tracking back on defense, which has separated him from Dortmund’s other attacking options. While that defensive duty may have hindered Pulisic’s own attacking play at times, it has also made him someone Tuchel feels like he can call on in tight situations."
- A bunch of MLS preseason goals: