ASN Morning Read: Lucky Number 13
Bruce Arena has himself a young star, one who's being recogonized on the international stage; An American returns to the English Premier League after an injury; More about Mallory Pugh.
BY Noah Davis Posted
May 17, 2017
May 17, 2017
- A certain American is the 13th best U-20 player in the world, according to one list. You know what? We'll take it!
- Maybe this is a good thing:
Giovani dos Santos won't be in Mexico's upcoming friendlies. He'll join squad ahead of qualifiers on June 4. #eltrieng— Tom Marshall (@mexicoworldcup) May 16, 2017
- Nice to see him back. That's quite a long recovery:
This is Lynden Gooch's first game for Sunderland since Nov. 26 (ankle injury). ????????— Paul Carr (@PCarrESPN) May 16, 2017
- More Pugh to Washington: "The youthful Spirit, who are missing four members with ACL injuries, have started the NWSL season 1-3-1. They’re in last place in the 10-team league. Pugh isn’t likely to win a championship this year. But Washington isn’t sitting pat. The club plans to announce the acquisition of a European playmaker soon. Dunn, the 2015 NWSL MVP, is at Chelsea now but intends to return to Washington. She’s only 24. And the construction of D.C. United’s new downtown stadium, Audi Field, may wind up altering the future of two clubs. It’s tough for the Spirit to make much of a dent at the SoccerPlex, which sits nearly 30 miles from the city center. The stadium accommodates around 5,500 fans, and an average of 3,782 turned out in 2016."
- Deets about U.S.-Mexico.
- A wide range of smart thoughts.