ASN Morning Read: Copa Combined in the Future?
Could the next edition of the Copa America include members of CONCACAF? Not likely, but then again, international soccer is all about the benjamins; it's awards season; Beckerman goes fishing.
BY noah davis Posted
May 04, 2016
May 04, 2016
- Interesting: "After asking around this week, while told it’s not out of the question, we shouldn’t get our hopes up too much for a regular combined Copa. One reason: It couldn’t take place every time in the U.S., where tickets can be priced much higher, and dealing with tournament owner CONMEBOL is not an easy thing. Still, if the tournament goes extremely well, look for more people to lobby for it to continue."
- Let's give out some awards: A Look at the Top Performances Abroad
- Christian Pulisic gets a Washington Post feature: "He knows he's a very young player. He has to grow a lot. it's important to keep it all in the right perspective," Klinsmann said. "He is a very talented 17-year-old who is exciting to watch and has a lot of potential. The fact that he’s in Dortmund in a very intense environment is very helpful because they put him in line right away. … We’ll give him all the time in the world to grow and mature."
- Kyle Beckerman is the best:
Tight lines ???? pic.twitter.com/GKABkFgepW— Kyle Beckerman (@KyleBeckerman) May 5, 2016
- Wondo thinks the U.S. can "do damage" at Copa America: